Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Introduction

Welcome to the "Mike Wright's Evolution" blog. I'm Mike Wright, and I'm a chef. By this I mean that I create and innovate with food. I cook in restaurants, sometimes as a line cook, usually as a sous-chef, and my mentor and best friend Brian Allen and I will be opening a restaurant together in a few years. I've pretty much always been his sous-chef, and we've spent years creating new dishes and working to innovate new ways of looking at various ingredients and dishes. Our restaurant will be called either 'Evolution' or 'E-bar', and will be the culmination of our ongoing efforts to find new ways to make food enjoyable and accessible to everyone who truly loves to dine.

The purpose of this blog is to share my own ideas, thoughts, reflections, and progress regarding various ingredients, dishes, techniques, or whatever I'm working on, food-wise.

Many of the ideas that I will share here will be the result of collaborative efforts with Brian, or others, or merely my own musings and experiments. Often I'm inspired to create after enjoying a new take on an ingredient or dish while dining out, or after seeing something new or unusual on a food show or special, reading menus, food related books, or other sources. When I remember, I will try to give inspirational credit where due.

I'm not a big fan of culinary secrecy, so there will be very little that I will not share here (though sometimes a breakthrough molecular technique may require some discretion at first, and usually Brian and I will decide together if, and/or when, to share such things).

With all that having been said, welcome to my Evolution, and I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment